We've talked a lot at GLC about how a realization of the huge scope of God's grace frees us up to love and serve those around us. Some are scared of preaching "un-diluted" gospel because they fear it will encourage Christians to neglect growing in Christ and obedience. Others think that preaching grace over and over is monotonous and would rather us "move on" to practical matters of discipleship. Well, Paul Tripp, in this piece, shows us some very practical ways that "Love" works out "on the ground" of our lives. I would add to his piece, and say that radical actions like these are impossible to well up inside yourself, or generate on your own. Impossible. I mean, look at #3 below?! Only by God's grace. Only the Gospel can produce this kind of love. There are 23 great examples in the article. It is our prayer that we, at GLC, are marked by this kind of love.
- LOVE IS... being willing to have your life complicated by the needs and struggles of others without impatience or anger.
- LOVE IS... actively fighting the temptation to be critical and judgmental toward another while looking for ways to encourage and praise.
- LOVE IS... making a daily commitment to resist the needless moments of conflict that come from pointing out and responding to minor offenses.
- LOVE IS... being lovingly honest and humbly approachable in times of misunderstanding.
- LOVE IS... being more committed to unity and understanding than you are to winning, accusing, or being right.